Why Companies Need To Invest In A Business Process Management Platform
In order to stay ahead of competitors, companies have to keep up with the marketplace ever-changing demands, regulations and trends. To achieve a competitive edge, sustain market dominance and drive business growth, many enterprises consider investing in a Business Process Management platform.
A good BPM platform like the bpm’online software empowers companies to sense changes in the market situation and become better equipped to adjust business strategies to these changes by making business processes within a company more flexible and transformable. Well-managed processes ensure reduced costs, increased revenues, enhanced visibility, highly motivated reps, improved services and at last happier customers.
The aim of the best Business Process Management platform is to facilitate continuous business improvements by integrating processes, information and people into a single environment. The strategic value of the BPM platform is in its ability to identify, create, execute, optimize, analyze and automate all the business processes across a company.
Features of a Business Process Management platform
Process modeling is the first feature of a leading BPM system. The bpm’online platform available on https://www.bpmonline.com/bpm-software encompasses tools to model a structure of a process graphically in a drag-and-drop manner. While modeling, it is possible to build all components which will be involved into a future process (process simulation): data structures and processes and control flows, a user interface, assigned roles and business rules.
Once all these components are built, the smart Business Process Management platform generates an application, which will execute a process. The process modeling is also used to easily change or modify existing processes. All process models are kept in a repository, where they can be assessed, searched and updated.
Business rule management, an essential component of a top-notch Business Process Management platform defines and modifies business logic. A business rule engine embedded into a BPM technology increases agility of business processes and improves coordination between rules and workflows by aligning processes with a company policy and industry regulations and thus promoting sophisticated decision-making.
Analytics and measurement are processed by an advanced BPM platform as well. The solution allows to:
- view and analyze distribution and statuses of processes and tasks,
- determine duration and execution of process instances,
- identify emerging risks,
- evaluate KPIs of activities, events and decisions,
- detect process bottlenecks,
- perform statistical and dimensional analysis and visualizations,
- indicate SLA statuses,
- perform what-if analysis,
- forecast events and define trends.
Built-in notifications and triggers contribute to process tracking what enables your reps to quickly respond to business issues and trends while proactive alerts empower employees to react to situations or changes before they arise.
Content management is a must-have feature of a progressive Business Process Management platform. This component manages different types of content: documents, web pages and media files through their lifecycle. Teams can efficiently communicate and collaborate on documents by delivering all necessary content from an associated business process inside the BMP platform what supports a quick decision-making at any level of a company.
An integrated knowledge management feature provides a fine document creation, classification, search, navigation and archiving, assigns roles and grants permissions to ensure a safe access to the content stored in the BPM system. Supported web services allow for accessing any web portal within a running process and share data.
Human interaction management involves collaboration and task management to cope with challenges of human cooperation. The excellent BPM platform is meant to add broad social capabilities to the business processes so that reps share information and solve business issues more confidently and effectively. The BPM system creates a single digital environment for interaction where users can send instant messages, make video calls, arrange webinars, keep blogs and participate in message boards within any business process.
Case management is a necessary feature of a Business Process Management platform. This component gathers information about opened and closed projects, processes, business rules, analytics, transactions, services and responses over a particular period of time to provide the BMP users with smart resolutions on problems, requests, proposals or claims, involving documents and messages.
Results of a Business Process Management platform
The value of a BPM platform resides in the fact that you can process more with better quality and less efforts. The BPM technology is designed to help companies increase income quickly while sustaining a competitive advantage by providing three key benefits:
- BPM automatically executes and coordinates all steps of a business process by eliminating manual effort (manual data entry and manual analysis are typical manual efforts, which cause significant waste) and poor handoffs between teams.
- Once core processes are automated and controlled, employees handle exceptions better and make decisions much more accurately. An intelligent Business Process Management platform reduces risks, enforces business rules, monitors process in a real-time mode, diagnoses problems, identifies opportunities for improvement and drives a cost-efficient policy.
- Customers change their needs. Partners demand a new way of doing business. State and federal regulations invent new industry requirements. Changes are ever. The BPM system has all tools to make your business processes easily changeable and adoptable to the market conditions.